Additional Services and Customized Research
Based on the results
of The Customization 500 and other scientific studies as well as on
long-term experience in market research and consulting of MC companies,
we offer additional services:
Customized Evaluation of The Customization 500 Study
Based on the information in the study and additional - not published - data, we analyze your company and your competitors in detail. Contact us for any individual request!
Training on Mass Customization
Are you interested in a customized in-house education for your team or clients, or an executive education program for your university? We are glad to discuss any program, ranging from a workshop to a teaching module or even a full class in mass customization. Possible contents are:
- Background of MC / the market for mass customization,
- Types of MC,
- MC capabilities (Solution Space, Choice Navigation, Robust Processes),
- Design parameters of compelling configuration systems,
- Operative and strategic management of MC,
- Customer value and willingness to pay for customized products,
- Branding for mass customization,
- Bridging MC to market research and open innovation,
- Implementation of a mass customization initiative in an established company etc.
Developments of Solution Space and Choice Navigation
Especially for start-ups and established companies, which plan to introduce customization, we offer to help specifying the solution space and choice navigation. Our approach is directed by the following main questions:
- What features should be made customizable?
- What choice options are valued by the customer?
- What is the customer willing to pay for the different choice options?
- What features can be handled and definitely produced by the company?
- How can these options be translated in an efficient and exciting configuration process?
We offer this service also for running MC companies, reviewing and optimizing their current settings.
Research on Usability,
Quality and Acceptance
For MC managers we offer the analysis of how your (online) offering is perceived by your customers. Subjects of investigation are for example
- web appearance,
- customer interaction,
- configuration process,
- customer perception (e.g. satisfaction, WOM intention etc.) etc.
Together with the company we develop the most appropriate research design, whereas qualitative procedures, such as interviews and critical incident analyses, as well as quantitative procedures, such as surveys or conjoint tests, are incorporated. Depending on the research object we apply personal, offline, web-based or apparatus-based methods, such as virtual product testing or eye tracking. If you are interested in one of these offerings or if you have questions concerning a different kind of service, please to contact us. We love to customize!
Overview of additional services for different target groups