Special discount code for blog readers and early registration price available
Please allow a little bit of self-advertising, but this may be an interesting offer for some of you: Together with Pure Insights, a London, UK, based company offering seminars and webinars on innovation and technology related topics, I am offering a live web-based seminar on mass customization and designing winning configuration systems. This may be a good offer for corporate readers that want to get a convenient introduction into mass customization thinking and product configuration strategies.
Mass Customization and Customer Driven Value Creation:
Implementation strategies for winning by product configuration
Date: 01 Aug 2007, 10:00-11:00am EST / 15:00-16:00 GMT [more time zones]
Location: Your Office
The cost to produce one-off custom products is high, and it affects both front- and back-end systems. But as Forrester Research reports in a recent study (“Why Custom Product Buyers Could Be Your Most Important Consumers“, June 2006), companies find this investment worth as it provides a new channel for manufacturers to reach out to buyers directly, and an opportunity to fine-tune their product mix based on direct observations of consumer behavior — consumers who are opinion leaders with greater than average influence.
Based on our own study of more than 250 mass customizers in consumer and industrial markets, the webinar outlines the building blocks of success full mass customization strategies and provides ideas how to avoid the pitfalls of implementing mass customization. The focus of this session will be on the design and development of product configuration systems or so called toolkits for customer co-design. Rather than commenting extensively on technical details, the session will provide hands-on recommendations on the strategic positioning and implementation of theses central tool of each mass customization strategy.
- What is mass customization and personalization – and what is it not?
- Which recent trends and development enhance these strategies and how is mass customization related to “The Long Tail” phenomena?
- What are the building blocks of a mass customization strategy and what does it demand from corporate functions like product development, manufacturing, and marketing?
- What are the elements of a successful product configuration system?
- What are the risks associated with mass customization? How do you manage these risks?
- Session wrap-up: Idea for further action
By attending you will learn how to: - Champion and/or lead a mass customization initiative in your company
- Identify opportunities for mass customization and personalization in your industry
- Develop the fundamental competencies a company needs to build a sustainable MC business
- Prepare your company to benefit from mass customization and product configuration systems
- Discover the risks and threads of mass customization and develop successful counter strategies
To register, please go to http://www.pure-insight.com/webinars/mass-customization-customer-value-creation and use promotional code aix (case sensitive!) wenn registering for a 10% discount.
Note: You also can download the webinar after its initial live broadcast – but only when joining live, you can interact and ask direct questions.